A Closer Look at the Many Benefits of Sports Massage
How can sports and remedial massage help you?
Sports and remedial massage is beneficial to people in all walks of life; athletes, occasional sports enthusiasts or even those who spend all day working in an office. Everyone can benefit from this treatment in some way.
Different techniques can be used to release the tension that builds up in the body’s soft tissues due to over-use, inactivity or through injury. There can be some moderate discomfort during a sports massage as tightness, or tension in the muscles, is worked out. Dependant on the client, the techniques used and how many sports massages they have had before, there can be a day or two of soreness following treatment.
Sports massage may also have the following benefits:
- Increase in the quality and quantity of training by reducing the recovery time required after exercise and activity.
- Prevent injury by regularly monitoring the condition of muscles and other soft tissues, allowing people to reach maximum performance.
- Improved muscle flexibility and the associated range of movement by reducing stress and tension
- Reduce the healing time following an injury.
The techniques used in remedial massage overlap with sports.
The benefits of remedial massage are:
- Relief to aching muscles
- Improved posture
- Reduced healing time after an injury, accident or even an operation
- By relaxing the soft tissues it can also lead to mental relaxation.
- Improved self awareness
- Improved quality of physical training
If you are looking for sports massage in Poole and would like to experience the benefit of receiving this treatment at a highly acclaimed, yet cost effective, practice such as Lilliput Health – please phone us on 01202 72 50 90 and book an appointment today.