Our Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018
As you may know these come into force on 25th May 2018 and for some businesses it will dramatically change how they handle, store and use your information.
As a healthcare company the safety and confidentiality of your information, both demographic data and medical information, has always been our highest priority, and how we actually use the information is likely to change very little.
We are at the least, fully compliant, and I would like to think we go above and beyond the standards detailed in the GDPR 2018. However, to make this more transparent I can confirm the following
- We have mapped our data flow
- We have identified where data comes from, where it is held, and what is done with it
- We have identified our lawful base for processing data
- We obtain consent from all clients with respect to holding and managing their data
- We are registered with the Information Controllers Office
- We confirm you have the right to be informed of how your data is held and used by us
- We confirm you have a right to access your data
- We endeavour to maintain the accuracy of your data, at all times
- We confirm you have the right to erasure of that data, in certain circumstances
- We confirm you have the right to restrict the processing, storing or using of that data, again in certain circumstances
- We confirm you have the right of data portability
- Total Therapy Poole Limited has a data protection policy
- We undertake regular self-audit against that policy
- All our staff receive data protection awareness training
- We have a written contract with all data processors
- We have undertaken measures to integrate data protection into processing
- We have a Data Protection Impact Assessment framework
- We have an Information Security Policy
- We have a breach notification policy
- We have a Direct Marketing Policy
- We have a Records Management Policy
- We can confirm no data is transferred internationally
As a healthcare company we are required to keep medical information related to your episode of care for several years. This information helps us do our job to the best of our ability and without it providing a service to you may not be possible.
All calls are recorded and monitored by training and security purposes.
If you have questions or would like more information regarding the handling of your data, please contact me on 01202 725090 and we can arrange an appointment to discuss things further.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do return and review this Policy regularly.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information within our website.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.