With the evolving Covid-19 situation here at Total Therapy we continue to take the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff incredibly seriously. From a service delivery perspective we are continuing to offer all appointments. We maintain the highest standards of cleanliness on an ongoing basis, along with ensuring all patient contact surfaces are disinfected between each patient. We continue to ask patients to refrain from attending appointments if they are suffering with ANY upper or lower respiratory tract symptoms, such as a sore throat, temperature, dry or chesty cough or nasal congestion. We believe we all need to be responsible in preventing the spread of the virus and we are doing our best to ensure the ongoing health of our community. If you wish to discuss our measures further, prior to attending your appointment our team will be happy to help.
Thank you for your understanding.
Chiropractic at Lilliput Health
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a regulated primary health care profession. Chiropractors train for a minimum of four years and are trained to diagnose, treat, manage and prevent conditions of the musculoskeletal system (bones, joints and muscles), as well as the effect these disorders can have on the nervous system and general health.
Chiropractic is suitable for all, from birth to the elderly and from pregnant ladies to athletes.
What conditions do we treat?
Although chiropractors are best known for treating back and neck pain, patients also consult with us for a wide range of other musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Headaches arising from the neck
- Migraine prevention
- Shoulder complaints and rotator cuff injuries
- Hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Minor sports injuries, tensions and muscles spasms
- Generalised aches and pains
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck)
How do we treat?
- Mobilisation and manipulation of the spinal and extremity joints
- Muscle release and soft tissue techniques
- Shockwave therapy
- Medical acupuncture
- Thompson drop, orthopaedic blocking and SOT (Sacral Occipital Technique)
- Postural advice and rehabilitation exercises
Importantly we recognise the impact that today’s stresses and strains have upon the body and it’s ability to heal and be well and are passionate about inspiring our patients to create healthier and happier lifestyle choices.