THE CHIROPRACTIC TEAM
Chiropractic at Lilliput Health
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a regulated primary health care profession. Chiropractors train for a minimum of four years and are trained to diagnose, treat, manage and prevent conditions of the musculoskeletal system (bones, joints and muscles), as well as the effect these disorders can have on the nervous system and general health.
Chiropractic is suitable for all, from birth to the elderly and from pregnant ladies to athletes.
What conditions do we treat?
Although chiropractors are best known for treating back and neck pain, patients also consult with us for a wide range of other musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Headaches arising from the neck
- Migraine prevention
- Shoulder complaints and rotator cuff injuries
- Hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Minor sports injuries, tensions and muscles spasms
- Generalised aches and pains
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck)
How do we treat?
- Mobilisation and manipulation of the spinal and extremity joints
- Muscle release and soft tissue techniques
- Shockwave therapy
- Medical acupuncture
- Thompson drop, orthopaedic blocking and SOT (Sacral Occipital Technique)
- Postural advice and rehabilitation exercises
Importantly we recognise the impact that today’s stresses and strains have upon the body and it’s ability to heal and be well and are passionate about inspiring our patients to create healthier and happier lifestyle choices.