QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Level 3 & 4 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy with Merit
- Level 3 Diploma in Massage with Merit
- AHE Level 4 Diploma in Health Science
- Anglo-European University College of Chiropractic – AECC
- Certificate in Strapping and Taping
- Certificate in Pregnancy Massage
- Professional Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapies (FHT),
- International Council of Holistic Therapies.
- Skills Kinesiology taping
- Treating from injury to performance
- Postural analysis
- First aid and concussion
- Rugby injuries
My clients are typically sports men, women and young people that have injuries they wish to rehabilitate; events that they wish to be in top form for; general postural misalignments; muscle fatigue; or aches and pains that require diagnosis and remedial work.
I work as a professional rugby SMT for Oakmeadians RFC 3 days a week doing pitch side first aid at matches and injury assessment and rehab in training sessions. My previous season I shadowed at Lytchett Minster RFC.
I enjoy event work which has included Sports Massage at Latitude Festival and Beautiful Days Festival; RFC Rugby 7’s Tournament – 3 days of Rugby Men’s, Ladies, and youth teams; The Dorset Destroyers Wheelchair Rugby Club, 26 hour wheelchair rugby marathon World Record Attempt.
Plus many hours of observation in AECC Chiropractic Clinic.
MY STYLE OF TREATMENT
I incorporate my good anatomical and medical science-based knowledge with the ability to use my senses to tune in to and feel for pain and problems in the body. I then use my learnt techniques to encourage soft tissue to relax and rejuvenate.
After my kids have left home, I want to spend my year working 6 months in the Alps and 6 months touring with the World Surf League.
DID YOU KNOW….
I grew up on the beach and have surfed Ulu Watu, Bali.